Fallen Shadows

Two hundred years ago in a depressing land overcome in darkness with the stench of death that filled the dank air lived a girl also known as the fallen angel, Aurora. Now this upsetting land, was not the usual type of world, seeing as it was erupted in
darkness and filled with, vicious creatures such as vampires, demons, and other ferocious beasts. This land was called Elzah, a land that was so evil and dark it would suck the life out of every living (or non living) being on the planet.

Aurora wasn’t just any type of girl, because from her kind she is the most special, for she had alabaster skin and shadow, jet black long hair that was darker then the night sky. Every fallen angel contains a mystical gift that they use to fight in the many
blood-thirsty wars that come their way. Aurora had the most rare gift of all, the gift of premonitions which is the ability to foresee the future.

For ages now Aurora’s visions have been going haywire, predicting the end of the world. For three years the shadows, known as demons that made the whole of Elzah black, had took over and killed every thing they could find had overcome Elzah and brought it to ruins.

To hide from the shadowed beasts, Aurora, Nate and Antonio, also fallen angels, had found a cloaking device that would wipe them off the Shadows radar, so they couldn’t detect them. Cloaking devices only work for a few years until they loose their energy and need to recharge. Unfortunately Aurora, Nate and Antonio don’t have the battery to recharge the cloaking device and those few years are up, which means that they’re back on the Shadows radar and their death will be unrenewable.

Aurora’s eyes turning a deep red indulging on another premonition, her
pulse rate started speeding up and her head started to ache badly. Aurora opened her eyes intaking a deep breath of musky air, her fingers rubbing her head trying to reduce the pain that had came from the vision.

‘ Another vision of the world obliterating, what else is new?’ Aurora thought, still feeling nausea from her surprising vision.

Aurora’s face fell silent under the red lit moon, her hairs on her neck prickled and started to spring up. Her eyes pondered against the pitfull of dark blue grass that spread out among the dark world before her. An outburst of screeching came from the sky above.

Aurora’s face turned to dread and her body filled with fear. She could feel the coldness, turn her skin to ice, her soul erupting with despair. The shadows were rushing towards the castle like flies would to a piece of meat, stalking out their prey.

Aurora was stunned, frozen, she was to scared to move an inch from where she was, she couldn’t hide, for they will find her, she couldn’t run because they will always catch her.

The shadows are everywhere.

They will always find you.

Death is here.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!