A Cursed Life

Oliver leaves school. After he reaches the front gate to his home, a gold box gets thrown directly at the back of his head. He turns to see nobody was there.

Out of curiosity he opens the box, and a small note is placed inside. It says:

Dear Unfortunate reader,
You have been conflicted with three paths, a life of fortune, a life with a curse or a possessive spirit. Which path you follow will depend on your actions. It will compel you to change your life forever.

He ignores it “frankly I think this is a hoax”
The next day when he wakes up he: kicks his toe, spills his cereal on his new shirt and finds out that his parents have to go to work early so he has to walk to school. “Grr this day has gone bad to worse, it’s just a coincidence” he thinks to himself.

At school he gets teased, pushed over and gets in trouble for being out of bounds. I am just having a bad day me mutters to him. The next day the same thing happens “is there is the smallest chance that this could be linked to that box?

That night he reads the letter over and over again. What does this mean he asks himself? The next day he wakes up to a delicious smell. What’s this a delicious smelling breakfast with a note on the side saying. Oliver meet me at the library because I have something to tell you Signed Mum. Oh No if mum wants me to meet her somewhere it usually means trouble, like when mum and dad were divorcing.

“Hello” mum is sitting at a table with a note. I don’t know who gave you this but I think you should read it he opens the envelope it reads: Congrats you have passed the first of many tests by believing in your sacred parchment. Do you Know what this means? asks mum. It must mean the gold box is real. What gold box? Asks mum. Never mind I say.

Ok so now I know that I have challenges but what kind of challenges the first one was easy is the second one going to be harder???

I stroll home immediately and go to bed when I am lying down... I hear something outside...

WHACK! What was that?? Oliver gets knocked out and wakes up with his mum sitting next to him and something shoved in his pillow case are you ok I heard I noise and as soon I ran up here you were unconscious! She leaves the room. I lift the pillow case under is a package named OLIVER if I have accidentally killed you I am sorry anyway I have something to discuss with you meet me after school on Thursday from??????

THE END
ELIJAH BARBER, Year7
Burleigh Heads State School
Gold Coast, Australia, 4220

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!