I Love My Ballet Shoes

I looked down at my sparkling tutu. Peeking out from beneath the tulle skirt was my pink leather ballet shoes. They were quite old and well worn. They had a lot of experience. Suddenly I heard Miss Katherine’s voice on the speaker, “Now it is time for Beetles Ballet. Beetles Ballet performers to back stage now.”

I felt excited and calm at the same time. I lined up with my friends and quietly and quickly ran backstage. I took my position, left of stage, and I heard the music start. My heart was beating like a drum. I nervously hoped I didn’t make any mistakes when I went on the stage. I hoped my experienced ballet shoes would help me remember all the steps.

After the other girls ran on stage and performed the first part I heard my cue. I took a deep breath and ran quickly into the spotlight. Georgia and I did our section together and then skipped to the back of the stage. Three older girls performed their pas-de-chat while I held my position. Then it was my turn again. I concentrated on doing my best and tried not to be distracted by the audience.

As the music ended I turned out my foot, pointed my toe and put my arms up in their correct position. I heard loud applause. I knew my mum and big sister and teacher were in the audience. I knew they were clapping just for me.

I smiled. I felt proud of myself. I didn’t make any mistakes and I had fun! I love ballet. And I love my ballet shoes.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!