Fashion Career

Two years down the drain! What a waste I could have been studying at some fancy school in London but instead I ended up here at The Australian Academy of Fashion. I worked so hard to get to this position and my teachers still didn’t give the part. See, there’s this great gig which I’m all for, and I have studied to the point where I have to drink eighteen coffees a day to keep me awake because of all the late nights I had been having. Only five majors from the school were to be chosen and given the opportunity to prove themselves worldwide in the industry of fashion. The judge of the whole competitive event was the most popular person of fashion, the American inspiration, Tyra Banks. Our other teacher just so happened to be John Galliano. He taught us how to get the fashion eye and use different perspectives with our photography.
As I heard more and more about the progress with the finalists in the worldwide department, the days grew longer and more miserable, it was just horrifying. Their success was getting better and better. The worst part was that it was my least favorite person at the academy who got the job, Alicia Nicoles. She always tried to be the perfect one, but she was mean and all the teachers had no clue, she was also stuck up and was always the one who seemed that they were better than everyone at everything, well, I guess she was better since it was her that got the job and not me. Every time I saw her around the academy she would always give me that evil smirk that told the world, ‘look at me I am better than all of you.’
But one day I saw her run to her dorm room, crying. I smiled to myself and thought, ha, another one of her boyfriends break up with her? I innocently walked over there and knocked on her door and she answered it with a tissue covering her eyes. She removed the tissue and I saw her dark mascara and eyeliner running down her cheek. She looks at me surprised and then asks angrily, “What do you want?” I smile kindly trying not to be too obvious and say, “What’s wrong Alicia? Is there anything I can do to help?” She looks even more surprised than before and then starts to cry again. “No one can help me. It’s done its all over” I stare at her stained make up-ed face trying to act all confused. She says to me sobbing continuously,” My grand mother just passed away and her trust fund has gone in the dumps because my parents were spending all her money on gambling and now we cant afford to keep attending this excellent school and I cant continue on with my career.” I start to feel sorry for her and ask if she needs anything. Then she turns away from me and tells me to sit down.
“Why are you being so nice to me? I mean I know I’m always so mean to you and you just walk in here like nothing ever happened.”
“I guess I try not to keep grudges.”
“But you’re like a nobody and you don’t even have a boyfriend.”
“Yeah, well I don’t need a boyfriend and I have my family who loves me for who I am and can support me into being who I really want to be not who others want to see.”
“Where are your friends though?”
“Well, I don’t really have any because you told everyone I was a hermaphrodite and hated all celebrities.”
“Oh… sorry about that. I know I can be a little bit rude sometimes.”
“It’s okay I am over it now.”
“So, do you think we could be friends? I know what I did to you was wrong, but I think that you are the nicest person I have talked to all semester.”
I smile then offer her my fund for the school and then to my surprise she declines. She tries to tell me that she knows that I am the true one for the job and I should be the one to receive the opportunity and she did not rightfully receive it. She had begged the teachers for the job and offered them cash and how they saw the check that her mother had given her and secretly accepted.

She worked her magic and told the teachers and judges that she had chosen a different life style and told them that all along she had known that the rightful owner of the job was me, Brittany Jackson.
They agreed and said that I had always had a fantastic potential. So after a long period of time I finally got my dream job and was loving it. Fashion was even better than I imagined! If only they were all as nice and not as hectic as people at the academy.

What a lifestyle.

Written by Katherine Borgula
MONTEREY SECONDARY COLLEGE 8E

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!