I Am 100 Years Old

My body's weakened from 100 years of living. Subtle drops of age like tears on my face.
My handbag has disappeared once again and memory returns only in patches like the grass on my fading lawn.
Ancient books are what keeps me alive with people bringing me meals and with smiles.
As i know my bones have become fragile and my movements are slow, a frame and my stick gives me a helping hand like leaves on branches.
I look to stained peices of parchment filled with faces and my 100 years return to me, from summers of sadness and winters of joy.
Work was always tough but the pleasent times were the ones i will remember the most.

Is that the curfew i hear, and i hobble to my bed, my tiredness has taken over and my bedtime has gone from 11 to 7.
In my years things have changed like news reals to DVD's and records to MP3's. My mother used to say to me that the generation to come will change dramatically and this i am fully aware of.

Even though my back is bent and my knees are still, i thank all my years that my minds always been here.
It's not long now but i have had a good run and i will miss so much in the future.
Like a flower i've grown and slowly i have wiltered.
But my friends are gone and thats okay because i know i will be seeing them someday.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!