I Got Caught


Now I’ve done it. I’ve murdered an innocent man. Soon the police will find the lifeless body under a blanket, on the couch.
As I run, I feel guilty, but somehow happy. I know, I know, I’m a sick person. When I get into my house, I feel dread race down my body.
“Slam!’’ As I shut the door. I walk over to the couch, half-sleeping as I lie down. And that’s when I had the vision: I was walking down the beach. Bondi Beach to be exact. I take a step into the freezing water, and cruel memories come into my head. I shake all over, then I walk into the sunset, and fade away......
“Ring, ring!” The phone rings.
Suddenly, I woke up, having no idea how I fell asleep. I answer the phone.
“ Who is it?” I ask nervously.
“It’s Kelly, the voice said.” ‘there’s been an accident.’
“What happened?’’ I asked, thinking of last night.
“Robert’s in the hospital. ‘He’s had a car accident,’ the voice explained.

I was about to answer, when I heard a knock on the door. I hang up straight away then look through the peep hole. It’s the police. I try desperately to hide, but as I hide under the bed my foot gets caught in the curtains. I can’t get it out. As I try, the police appear out of nowhere.
“Your under arrest, for murder,” the chief says.
Oh no. I really did get caught!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!