I Got Caught

Ah! What a lovely morning. I think it’s a great day for a nice long walk along the bottom of the ocean. I throw back my seaweed quilt and sit up sleepily. I walk over to my mirror (a piece of shiny glass I found) and sit down in front of it. I carefully wash my face. I have a nice breakfast and head out the door. I close the door of my kelp house, the top of it swaying as the tide moves up above. I turn the key in the lock and off I go.
As I get further and further away, I realise I never walked along or swam above this spot before. I start to freak. My body trembles, my teeth clatter and I agree with myself that I should swim up and get home as soon as I can.
I think about and tell myself this is how my parents got lost 3 years ago. They haven’t been found yet.
I swim up towards the surface, telling myself that I will be alright, when really I’m horrified.

Every thing goes black. I can’t see. I’m trapped. Help! I scream. But there is no answer.

I start to move, getting faster and faster. I feel like I’m on a water slide. I’ve never been on one before, but I’m sure this is what it feels like. I scream until I stop.
I look around and hear a swishing noise. I look around and a river of flowing water coming towards me catches my eye. It’s coming straight towards me. Closer and closer it comes picking it up with me.
I head straight for a tiny hole and zoom through along with the water.
I fly out the hole with all the water and look down below and realised where I came from. I had travelled through a whale, how funny. Even funnier, I landed with thud outside my own house and guess what a year has past and my parents have been found and alive. We’re a happy family again.
Signed,
Massie the fish

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!