Last Sunset

Sunburnt orange a dusky colour, the dim yellow rays reflecting from the deep sea blue complexion of the ocean. My eyes could only see so far. It seems so near but yet so far. The gently swaying of the waves side to side, the tranquillity kept me sane. My thoughts are often hijacked, the little voices inside my head telling me what to do. It’s tormenting me. Should I be concerned? Should I start to panic? Who’s going to save me? So many unanswered questions and no one to answer them.

I started to feel numb, physically and emotionally. I was the only living person I could distinguish. Was I the only one that had survived the ship wreck? It couldn’t be, it would not be possible. But indeed it was. I was the only person alive. I had lost all feeling in my legs and feet. I could feel the life saving ring slowly deflating underneath me. The water was so deep I could not see the bottom. Was here where I was going to have my last breath? The night drew closer and closer. The sunset was as clear as a glass. The sky was a dark sunburnt orange, and I could only see one fiftieth of the sun. I start to listen carefully if I could hear anything... or anyone who was hear to rescue me. My hope was soon destroyed when I heard nothing. Nothing at all, no seagulls, no birds nothing. Just the waves, swish... Swoosh.

The night came it was freezing, I was going to get frost bite. My mind wondered off to different thoughts. I was getting tired of holding on so tightly to the ring. My fingers were frozen I couldn’t move. I could feel myself slipping onto unconsciousness, my eyes slowly closing.. My mind going blank. I start to reminisce all my memories with my friends my family, the fights, the laughs everything you took advantage of is now what you want more then anything. . You only realise how important that factor of your life is when you know your about to loose it all. I was only 17 my life has not even started yet.

I was not ready to die; I had plans my whole life ahead of me and it was going to be taken away from me. Live each day as it comes, that’s what my parents used to tell me, I didn’t take notice of what it actually meant. I new it was the end for me... My body was loosing its feeling and my heart was slowly slowing down. I gently rested my head on my arm and prayed. I love you mum. I prayed that my family would be okay that they will be safe. I attempted to smile I knew everything was going to be okay I was going to a safe place. Somewhere where I knew it would all turn out just fine.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!