Teary Eyes

The fallen autumn leaves crunched beneath their feet. The smell of morning dew enclosed the forest in an aroma which neither of them had smelt before.
Paige and Kyle were walking through the forest, hand in hand, staring into each others’ eyes. The morning mist surrounded them making their love for each other like a fairytale. They sat down, sheltered under the canopy of brown leaves of an old oak tree.
It was under that tree that one year ago Paige and Kyle had met. At the same time and the same place they had confessed their undying love towards each other.
Today they had come together to remember when they first met. It was a beautiful sunny Sunday and every animal was prancing about without a care in the world. The moment these two lovers set their eyes on each other they knew that they would be together forever.
As Franklin P. Jones once said “Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” Today though, was going to be one day where Paige would feel what it is like to have your heart broken.
As they sat underneath the brown autumn leaves Paige thought that she and Kyle would be together forever. Kyle had recently been acting out of character, avoiding Paige in public and when walking past his mates, he started ignoring her.
They got into a deep conversation about love and what it meant. Paige asked Kyle if he loved her. Of course the reply was yes.
They continued eating strawberries and kissing under the old oak tree. Kyle then started looking around. Like he was waiting for someone to arrive. But he wasn’t. He was just looking around, trying to avoid eye contact with her. When they had finished they decided to go for a walk through the forest.
As they got to the edge of the forest, Kyle pushed Paige back where they had come. Paige asked him if anything was wrong, and that was when he confessed.
It all started at Jaime’s party. Everyone was drunk it was a typical ‘we’re in grade twelve we can do what we want’ party. Then they started to play a game were two people were locked in a closet for ten minutes together. It was whoever was in the closets choice whether they wanted to do it or not.
Her tears dropped onto the leaf covered ground. With every drop a leaf would gently break. Then with a face full of tears, Paige knew that today she would not have her heart broken by some stupid boy again. As she walked home she decided that whatever was thrown at her, she would take in her stride and never mess with boys again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!