A Camping Trip Gone Wrong!



One sunny day when the sun sparkled like gold, a girl named Lucy who had beautiful, long, brown hair and blue eyes went to her best friend’s house. Her best friend’s name was Ruby. Ruby also had long, brown hair and blue eyes.

Lucy went to Ruby’s house to help Ruby pack because they were both going camping together in a bush at Sunny Dale, which was a fifteen minute drive from where Lucy lived and a twenty minute drive from where Ruby lived.

Once Ruby had packed they went to Lucy’s house to get her bags and then Lucy’s Mum took them to the bush in Sunny Dale where the girls were going to pitch their tent. Once the girls had set up, they had some tea and went to bed.

The next day, when the girls had woken up and had some breakfast, they decided to go for a walk. When they were walking they heard a noise in the bush! The girls started to freak out, so they turned around and started to run back. When they were running back Ruby fell in a hole and hurt her ankle, she couldn’t walk so Lucy quickly grabbed her phone out of her pocket. She thought she could ring her Mum to tell her that they needed help.

After ten minutes of trying to ring. Lucy realised that there was no reception. So, Lucy told Ruby to wait there, while she ran out of the bush to get some reception.

After fifteen minutes, Lucy’s Mum arrived. First she helped Ruby get to the car then she helped Lucy pack up the tent and then they went to the Hospital to see if Ruby had broken her ankle.

Well, the news was good. Ruby had only bruised a bone in her foot. After Ruby’s foot had healed the girls decided that they would never go camping again!


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!