Never Alone



I’d walked up a huge red dusty hill and now I was walking down in to what looked like a rain forest. So I only had two questions, where was I and why couldn’t I stop walking?

“Wake up sleepy head! Jazz! You’ve got to see what you look like” called Chloe.
“What?” I said sleepily.” Where am I?”
“Oh you dozed off around 2 last night” said Jess.

It was the night after Chloe’s birthday party. Jess, Chloe and I are best friends. Jess was tall and slim with short blond hair, Chloe was shorter with brown hair.

I saw my reflection in the mirror, the girls had been into my make-up and with my blueberry lipstick put big dots over my face. I didn’t really care, I never used it. I kept it as a memory of my Grandma. It always had a special place on her dressing table.

I couldn’t stop thinking about the dream it seemed so real. That night I had another dream. It was about the blueberry lip stick and my Grandma. She was so special to me. My dream was that she could go to another world and the blueberry lipstick was the key.

For the next two nights I kept dreaming about the lipstick. It was a repetitive dream. Some one kept saying, ‘blueberry lip stick, one dot between your eye brows, one dot on your chin’. I thought I was going out of my mind but the next night I got Grandmas lipstick and put a dot on my for head and one on my chin.

The next thing I knew I was in a rainforest. I looked behind me and there were red dusty hills. Dry hills and a rainforest just like my first dream. This must be a dream, I thought trying to convince my self.
I still yelled out “Hello.”
A reply came another hello not an echo.
Quietly I called “Where am I?”
A soft voice replied “You are in the land of the dead my dear”.

“Oh! Does that mean I’m dead?”

“No you’re not dead, you have the key to the afterlife, enabling you to visit” the voice explained.” We haven’t had a visitor since your Grandma died”.
“Oh!” I said.
“Come with me” the said the voice.

I found my Grandma waiting for me.
“Hello my child” she called
Before I knew it we where sitting in a tea room chatting like old friends. She explained that I have her special key that enables chosen ones to visit the after life and that I have a special gift and I am to live my life to the fullest. Learning and sharing with all those around me.

Grandma’s voice turned into the vibrant sound of birds as the sun shone through my window. I know my Grandmother will all ways there to guide me.

By Abbey Mead

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!