Johnny And The Diamond

The door slammed shut. I had never been more happy in my life!
‘Mum!’ I shouted. Where was she? She’s always at the sink when I return home from school, and just when I have the best news in the entire world, she’s nowhere to be seen.
‘I’m out here love’, said a voice from the backyard.
‘Mum! I’ve got to tell you something!’ I yelled back as I raced through the house and into the backyard.
My excitement came to a holt as soon as I entered the backyard, ‘you’re not my mum’, said Johnny fearfully.
‘Ah, yes’, said a man in black, ‘I’m Agent Stucky from the FBI’.
‘That’s not a real badge! That’s a coupon’, I stammered and I wondered where my real mum was.
‘Wait a second. You’re the most wanted terrorist in the UK’, I said as soon as I realised that I had seen his face on ‘The World’s Most Wanted’ television show.
‘It’s not real. What you’ve heard about me is not real. Please believe me. You’re not just an ordinary kid. I need your help’, the stranger...from the FBI replied.
‘Believe you! How could I believe you?’ I replied.
‘Take this’, the man insisted, ‘and give it to the FBI headquarters. They’ll understand. You’ve got to believe me’.
‘Why? Why believe you...a complete stranger!’ I demanded.
‘Just trust me. And quick, no time to talk because you only have 48 hours to complete your mission’, he replied with an urgent tone in his voice.
‘Okay, but I’ll need a super quick jet to get there’, I said.
‘No need for a jet. Look in your garage’, the stranger replied, ‘and now...quick!’
‘Woah! You never said you were going to give me a Thrust SSE!’ I exclaimed. I couldn’t believe my eyes! I stopped questioning why all this was happening to me ...and my exciting news slipped to the back of my mind as I jumped in the car.
‘Out of the driver’s seat. You can’t drive but you’ll need to come with me. I can’t access the FBI headquarters but you can’, he stated.
After an 3 hour drive, we were there. ‘Okay, walk down that path and give this to the old man sitting on a chair. Tell him that you’ve got the purple diamond and that Stucky gave it to you’, he said as he practically pushed me out of the car.
Without questioning him, I did it. I sprinted towards the old man sitting in the chair. He stood up as I approached him.
‘Agent Stucky sent me to give this to you’, I explained.
‘Thank-you. You are a very brave boy indeed’, the old man replied, ‘that means he’s innocent. If he bought that here himself, he would have been charged with murder but we were wrong. He was innocent, and it’s all thanks to you. Let’s drive you home.’
It had been a long day.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!