UFO

“Are we there yet?” I asked. I was going to the park with my Dad. The car sounded shaky. Then it suddenly stopped due to an empty tank. I went out to see what he could do. I banged it and it gave only a splutter. But suddenly he heard a buzzing noise. I looked up and froze in fright. It was a round hovering UFO. It had bright lights and it looked like a metal tire with glass hubcaps. I quickly jumped into the car and my dad tried to drive away but the UFO produced a green beam of light that took them up like we were on a piece of string. Once they got in the UFO a green blob approached and said something like this “trafke mre two yreour lrefaddaer”. I think he meant to say is “take me to your leader.” He took me out of the car and laid his slimy hands on me. He flew us into space and we were so high from the ground I think we were going into orbit. Dad tried to call the government but all he heard was:”Hello it’s the Pizza Parlor Restaurant. Do you want Meat Lovers, Australian, Hawaiian or Magheritta Pizza? Or do you want-‘My Dad hung up. He told me it was no use. was getting distracted by shooting asteroids. Then I had an idea. I whispered it to Dad. My plan was sacrificing our lives by getting out of the car and fighting the aliens. You know I’m just kidding. My plan was driving the car into the engine and the UFO would blow up and we would drive out onto the road and we will all be fine. Dad said we should. So we did. Dad drove the car into the engine and it blew up but my plan backfired. We were floating in space! I thought it was cool for a second but then I realized we weren’t going to last long. Dad drove around space trying to get out. We spent hours trying to get out when our luck turned. A spaceship came and sent out a cable and it got hooked to us. It was going down at about 10000 kph. We broke through the Earth’s hemisphere and crashed into the ocean. After that we were rescued by NASA and they let me go home back to Australia. So that’s my story. That’s all true. Well maybe not the bit where about we’d sacrifice our lives, but that’s all a different story.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!