Magic Balls

Once upon a time there was a man who never felt special. He visited a fortune teller whose magic ball said “Beware - things will change”.
The man went into the forest alone. He saw what looked like a shooting star but as it came closer, he knew he was wrong. It landed with a BANG!!! It was a meteor. He watched it split. In the centre was a crystal ball with many coloured bubbles. He touched the ball and it took him for a wild ride into space. Scared, he let go and spun out of control.
The ball saved him by hovering over him with an orange ray, slowing and landing him gently. The ray faded and the ball settled beside him. “Sorry, I needed exercise.” said the ball’s robotic voice.
“You can talk?” The surprised man asked the magic ball a testing question
“What is my name? No one knows, no one ever remembers my name”. “George,” the ball answered. “GEORGE!” He stood up tall with the recognition.
The ball introduced herself as Crystal. “The reason I’ve come is the land beyond the clouds needs you”. Crystal had found George but she felt doubtful about her mission. “Can you rebuild the meteor?”
It was dark; the trees were blocking their light as if they were having a football huddle around them. “Of course I can” George replied even though the odds were against him. George worked while Crystal snored. When she woke, George felt proud he had sewed the meteor together. He had a smile on his face, but Crystal did not.
“That is too weak and not going to work. We have to get there tonight!” exploded Crystal, frustrated like a mom that had just been fired from her job. She spun around and floated up. “Crystal! That’s how we are supposed to get there!” George exclaimed.
George climbed on Crystal. She tried to spin but nothing happened. “Get angry” said George. “Say something to make me mad.”
George yelled at her and it worked. A pink bubble lit up and they spun to the land beyond the clouds. George, terrified, closed his eyes and imagined the he was going to a place where everything was made of candy.
Thump! They landed. He opened his eyes to see the opposite – everything was grey. Crystal was looking at him like he was crazy.
“You thought it would be Candyland didn’t you?
George felt stupid again as Crystal led him to an ice palace. In a bare room, a man sat in an icicle chair. He looked like Santa Clause with a long robe and staff. In loud low voice he said “You are the chosen one.”
George was speechless. Crystal was not, “That’s it?”
“Take him home” said the old man. Crystal blew up blue and flashed them home.
George went back into town, but with his head high. He felt more special than ever and was able to live a happier life after his adventure.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!