Tang Lu Wand's Story

This is Tang Lu Wang’s story. My story.

It was the middle of the day everything seemed peaceful suddenly I heard a faint thudding sound. Then I decided to see what was going on. Everyone was yelling, the city gates were shutting, all guards, warriors and archers were taking position. I looked around then I saw them like a million tiny ants the Mongols with the leader of what I call the mongrols. Genghis Khan I’m sick of this. What’s this? The third attack this month.

“Jiga shr bo hou” (this is bad), I said to my brother, Wang.

People were running in all directions, houses and tent were starting to burn. I don’t like these guys but they were shooting and lighting arrows from the saddle!

“Tsoba” (let’s go), I said to Mum, Dad and Wang. We all ran as fast as we could and finally stopped at the top of a hill, to catch our breathe.

Dad said we would have to flee the town with Mongols prowling every street, every ally, every house and every gate. How will we escape? It seems impossible. But, wait! The Mongols are floating the dead down the canal on strips of bark! This must be to keep the city clean and make sure that disease doesn’t spread. It was a risky operation but we were going to pretend to be dead and get thrown down the canal.

“PHOWER!”, this Mongol breath – its like dead fish. It is right in my face as they lift my “dead” body and throw it onto bark to float down the canal. We were finally moving! Going past Mongols is terrifying. I can’t move or breathe in case they spot me. We got to a hanging branch and strapped more bark to our piece. Dad pushed us along like a raft and we turned on to the Li River. We were heading to a place that hopefully was Mongol free.

Who knows what the future will hold for us.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!