Taylor's Sick Cousin

One day Taylor went to babysit Matilda, her cousin, because her mum was going away to Queensland for a job interview. When Taylor got there she said a quick hello. Then Matilda's mum had to go. First Taylor fed Matilda, then bathed her and got her dressed. Taylor played a little game with Matilda then put her in her cot for a nap.
When Matilda was sleeping, Taylor read a book. Matilda woke up. It was lunch time so Taylor made sandwiches for them to eat and then they went to theh shops to get more food. Taylor decided to walk because it was only 5 minutes. When they got home late, Taylor out Matilda straight to bed and went to sleep herself.

The next morning Taylor went to check on Matilda. She looked very white and pale. Taylor thought a hot bath might help but it didn't. Around lunch time, green, yellow and pink spots appeared on her face. Taylor rushed her to the doctor and diagnosed her with Phoam Pox. Phoam Pox could be very dangerous. It could even kill.

They flew by Flying Doctor to Princess Margaret Hospital in Perth. Matilda was to have an operation early the next day. Taylor decided to call Matilda's mum. Matilda's mum, Tracy, said that she was on her way. When she arrived later that day, Tracy and Taylor prayed for a miracle that Matilda would be saved. When Matilda went into her operation, Tracy and Taylor held onto each other like mad. Six hours later, the doctor came out of the operating room and said that she would survive. They don't know how Matilda got Phoam Pox but Taylor kept apologising to Tracy because she felt like it was her fault. Tracy didn't blame Taylor and was glad that Matilda was getting better.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!