A Dance Of Hope, Washed Up By The Water

Her skin is pale, shining deeply into her freckles from the withering moonlight. Her hair is gold and it blows across her broken lashes, highlighting her heart in her eyes.
She reminds me once again that she is okay, but the scars on my heart tell me she isn’t. I am wary, gliding along, leaving the self I have known behind. I study her, capturing her bleeding smile for what I know will be her last.
She trips, and my everlasting world stops. I turn to help her, but time has frozen and I am one with the clock. I watch in painstakingly distorted anticipation and her skin slowly seeps into the unknown, leaving behind a figure that is distorted and exposed. How will she cope? I can hear her thoughts in my heart. How will she cope...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!