Ravens Wood

Prologue: That dark night...

It was a dark and mysterious night you could hear a soft howl form a coming distances
Charlie just woke up form a very awkward dream that he didn’t want to have. He was lying there under the blankets, he looked at his bed side clock and it said 1:30am. he went to his window and there it was ravens wood all and mighty, he heard something, barley but it was there a muffled scream, quickly he threw on his bath robe ,grabbed his torch and ran to where he heard the scream he walked deeper and deeper into the forest then he heard it again louder he must he close he ran then... thud he tripped over something hard, he got up shacking and turned around to look at what he had tripped over, he yelled it was the body of a young girl, torn and bloody. Charlie looked at the young girls face, he recognized her, a girl from his class, what was her name again? Ah yes it was Zofia. He stared running back towards the house he heard a growl form be hide him he turned slowly only to see a wolf, he froze it was coming closer and closer then the wolf stopped he heard another wolf howl and there was his chance while the wolfs head was turned he ran back up the road he threw of his bath robe off and jumped in to bed and fell asleep, trying not to imagine what horrible things that wolf would have done to that girl to inflict such horrible scars.

Chapter 1: Memories
The next morning I got up; trying very hard not to see those vivid images of last night; a dream I thought a very scary dream, that’s got to be it; so I got up and went down stairs to see my sister Zoë and mum eating breakfast as if nothing happened; just a dream I thought, just a dream
“Morning” I said to them sleepily “did you hear that screaming last night?”
“What screaming” Zoë inquired confused.
“Nothing must have been a dream then” I said. “I going to school, see ya tonight”
Once I got out the door, waved at my mum good bye, I ran straight into raven wood to see if it was really a dream. I tried to remember which way I went last night, then I heard it again the distant scream and that savage howl. I started to sprint in the direction it was coming from, I tripped getting up and turning around I saw the weirdest thing two Zofia’s one lying down horribly scared and bloody and the other standing other her with a look of total terror.
“Hello?” I asked Zofia number two confused
“What....happened to.....Me?” she asked between muffled sobs
“Umm...I don’t know, but I think you’re dead” I said shocked that a ghost is talking to me, and then she burst out crying...

To be continued...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!