Tears Of Sorrow

The ride to the hospital was unbearable for Annabelle.
“Are you alright? Everything is going to be fine,” explained her mother, as she put on a brave face but deep down her stomach was churning as if she was on a rollercoaster.
“How do you think I feel mum? How would you feel?” Annabelle snapped.
“It’s like waiting for the golden Logie to be announced but much worse. I could have this disease just like dad did and might not be able to fight it off. I won’t be able to be a normal kid; I will have to be in hospital attached to cords and tubes,” yelled Annabelle as she slammed the door behind her, storming off to the doctor. Her mother hastily followed. Both of them awaited the doctor to come in and inform them the results. It was so quiet that you could have heard a pin drop. The wait was agonising for the both of them. It could either be good or bad news. The sound of the turning door knob broke the silence, it was the doctor. Annabelle clamped her hands together praying to god that it was going to be good news.

“I am sorry Mrs Moore but the tests have come back. It appears that your daughter has Leukaemia,” the doctor said apologetically.
“No, no she can’t,” replied Mrs Moore as a small, clear tear rolled down her cheek.
“Is it true mum? I am in a dream aren’t I. Pinch me mum, please pinch me,” demanded Annabelle as a heart-breaking look came across her face. Tears fell from Annabelle’s and her mothers miserable eyes. Just a short time ago Annabelle’s beloved father died from this ghastly disease. He kept fighting but, the disease spread and he could not fight it any longer. It was an army of horrific soldiers who took over his body. “I am so sorry, but it’s unfortunately in her genes,” explained the doctor.
“Sorry? My daughter has just been diagnosed with Leukaemia and you say sorry?” yelled her mother as her tears came faster and her words became harder to understand.
“Can I fight it off?” asked Annabelle as her emotional eyes filled with tears.
“Well…..”
“Can I fight it off?” as the silence deafened the room and Annabelle wiped her tears away.
“Well with chemo you can hopefully fight it off, but it will take some time,” explained the doctor.
“You will have to come back next week for your first round off chemo. If you have any problems during that week do not hesitate to call me.”
Annabelle stormed out of the room and slammed the door behind her. She began to run down the hallway and out of the hospital. Her heart began to beat faster and faster as she ran down the road to her house. It was like she was running away of what had just happened. She began to feel the pain that her father had felt.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!