I Know She's Listening

Her name is Elisabeth, she lives with her grandma because Elisa's Parents went missing in 2003. Elisa's Grandma would always listen to Elisa and Elisa liked that about her. They had a very strong connection, But sadly Elisa's Grandma was shot by a hideous person in 2006. Elisa wasn't there, she was at the shop when suddenly Elisa had a horrible feeling that felt like her heart had stopped beating she knew somthing was wrong, so she ran all the way home. She couldn't believe what she saw it was mindracing. There was so much comotion she saw Ambulances, Police officers and the most tragic thing was when she saw her grandma being carried away. Elisa ran to her she knew her grandma was dead. She looked at her grandma,but Elisa knew that it was only her grandmas body and that her soul was drifting up to a place believed to be called Heaven.

The police officers never noticed Elisa when she was there so now she roams the street, only eating the left-overs in her Grandmas fridge.

Today Elisa approached her grandmas grave, she sat infront and burst into tears. A thought popped into Elisa's Mind , she could almost hear her Parents voice in her mind. Elisa ran to her grandmas house and went into her room. she looked through her memory box with all her pictures of her and her family, She missed them so bad. Until she found a letter addressed to her from her parents it said

Dear Elisabeth
Me and your father had to leave you and your grandma for anonymous reasons we 'll be back on the 13th of august 2006. We will miss you, sorry for leaving unexpectatly.
From your Mother, Caren

Elisa thought for a moment and realised that the 13th of august was tommorow! It was getting late so Elisa decided to go to bed, But Elisa couldn't fall asleep she wondered what if her parents didn't recongise her anymore. She started to worry then she slowly drifted to sleep with worry.

The next morning Elisa opened her wardrobe and found her favorite dress and pulled it on. After that Elisa looked at the time it was 2:20pm she frowned and just waited and soon it was 3:00pm. Elisa started to cry until she heard a knock on the door. She opened it, there was a man and a women. The man said" is that you elisabeth? its your parents" Elisa Hugged them both until her mother asked where elisa's grandma was and Elisa pointed to the blood stain on the carpet and burst into tears. Elisa's parents took her inside and Elisa explained what happened and her parents looked so hurt. Her mother took her to their house and made Elisa a cup of hot chocolate and her father took her to bed. Elisa Knew that she could talk to her Grandma when she needed her and her grandma would always be listening.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!