Keep Going

It was a really sad day in my life, because I had to leave Vietnam to come to Australia. The day before I left, I went to visit my entire family and friends. At night I sat with mom in my room. She said to me, “When you go there you have to be good in school and at home. You have to learn hard because that’s what you are going there for.” I looked at my mom and started crying. My mom hugged me and she started to cry too, “I will come to see you soon so don’t worry,” she said.
Today is the day that I have to go to Australia. All the way to the airport I was looking at the scenery of the streets, trying to record the entire thing from here into my mind.
When we came to the airport, my little brother asked me, “Why don’t you stay here with me?” I said to him, “Because I have to go. You have to be good, listen to mom and dad. You have to go to school by yourself too.” “Why don’t you take me to school like you always do?” he asked. I started to cry because of that question. I said “I have to go somewhere, that’s why I can’t take you to school.”
My grandmother was calling me that I had to go. I went inside the room and tried not to look back, because if I did, I was going to cry. Even if I didn’t look back, but my tears kept pouring and I didn’t want to move forward. My mom said, “Come on, you are going to be late.” She was crying herself.
I held my bag and ran quickly into the airport.
After eight hours in a plane, I arrived in Australia. It was the 4th of August and it was really cold.
On the way to the new house, I was looking at the houses and everything around me that was different to what I expected. I stayed at home for a couple of weeks and then started school. The first day of school in Australia made me very nervous. When I came to class everyone was speaking English very well even those not born in Australia. It was hard to learn English but I tried my best. Sometimes, I want to go back to Vietnam, but when I think about my mom and dad who were working hard for me to come here I change my mind.
After one year, my English was better than before, and I started to make friends, feel happier than before. But I know that I still
have a long way to go and I never ever stop trying.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!