Back To The Past

I felt a bit sick and dazed. There were shiny lights and wavy lines. Then my sight cleared and I see a jungle floor. Slowly I start to look up. Towering above me was the largest Tyrannosaurus - Rex that had ever roamed the face of the Earth. It had green scales and must have been at least twenty metres high. I start to sprint as fast as I ever had. Then out of the blue, a foot came crashing down, where I had been half a second before, but that was the least of my worries, the fluorescent yellow cylinder travelling behind me had been destroyed, with a dinosaur on my heels.

***

Mario stepped into a three kilometre high building with an opening hall almost able to house a horizon. He stepped onto a circle and immediately transported to the secretary of Time Jumping Co.’s (TJC) big boss. Mario nodded once to the secretary and she let him into the Big Boss’ (James Meloni’s) room. It was full of all the inventions TJC had made over the 20 years of running. On every shelf there were robots and miniature hover cars and there was even a diagram of a 2 kilometre rocket. But what really caught his eye was a fluorescents yellow cylinder with a rope attached to it. He thought back to why he had even ended up here. Mario remembered the big dinner party that his dad had invited the James to, how he had only seen the James once in his whole life even though the James Meloni was the most famous man in the two planets and the moon.

Then James gave Mario his offer. The opportunity was unique, but not without danger. Mario had to think about it but the professor was starring at him waiting for an answer.
“Yes”, Mario said, somewhat reluctantly. James smiled. The old guy knew Mario couldn’t resist a challenge. James brought him over to his lab and looked at the ’travel jumper’, the travel jumping machine, as if it was somehow dangerous. In his time he’s been to many timesites but this was the first time he would be visible. Normally time travellers were about 10 seconds behind local time so they couldn’t be seen nor injured, but this time, both could happen to him. Then he jumped.
He felt a bit sick and dazed.

***

There were shiny lights and wavy lines.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!