Keep The Silence

Never one for wasting words, I say what I mean, I mean what I say. This time, it is aimed at you. You'd better listen to me as I tell you all about everything you've done wrong. You never take the blame- that's always me. But not today. Not when you deserve it.
My words rain down,
No longer water off a duck's back-
Piercing- a thousand daggers aimed at you.
I want to cause you to feel just a tiny bit of the pain that you caused me. Not all of it- that'd be too much. Just enough to make you wish you were dead, to wish that maybe, just maybe, this was a nightmare you hadn't woken up from yet.
See it, hear it, feel it-
Anger doesn't pass quickly.
This time it's aimed at you.
I don't want you to talk. I want you to listen! Stop talking- I want to talk. Stop yelling- I want to yell. I want you to sit there and take it. I want you to know how much it hurt when I saw you together. I want to know that I am not perfect- therefore I cannot forgive.
Hurt, pain.
Pain, rage.
Rage, aimed at you.
But you- you are less than imperfect. The very thing God tried to get rid of in the Flood. You must have hung on, like the leech you are. Maybe I shouldn't have followed you that day. I could have ignored the suspicion, every time I didn't know where you were. But I had to know. Didn't I?
Fall. Falling.
I see the abyss- no bottom.
You made me fall- it's your fault.
Yes. I had to know. I didn't deserve this. If you don't want to be with me, I don't want to be with you either. I've changed my mind- I don't want you to sit there on our couch and take it. I want you to yell back, so I can yell louder. I want you to tell me you're not sorry, so I can have an excuse to murder you and be done with it.
Crimson, crimson from my wounds.
You can't see it.
They're too deep in my heart.
I still feel sore. I don't want you anymore. Maybe I never did. I have no reason to now. I want you out of here. I want you out of my field of vision, want you out of my life. You can go back to that cow- I don't care. As long as I can pretend that you never existed.
I can heal.
I will heal.
And I will do it without you.
Don't tell me you can change- I won't listen to you. Don't tell me not to go- you can't stop me. I'm leaving now- there's nothing you can do about it. Don't say anything to me. Silence- talking would be a waste of your energy; I'm not listening to you, I never will again.
Shhh. Keep the silence.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!