Edwood The Emu

Once upon a time there lived a boy named Liam. His Mum had booked to go and visit a farm one weekend. The day had come to visit the farm which was a Saturday so they packed up and got in the car. "All ready?" said Mum, "Yes!" said Liam. It took two hours to get there.

While they were driving, they stopped at the bakery to have lunch. Just in front of the car they saw an emu! "Maybe it's lost" said Liam. "Maybe we could take it home and I will name him Edwood". So Liam's Mum helped put the emu in the car and they drove back home.

Liam loved Edwood and Edwood loved him. They were best friends. Whenever Edwood saw Liam, his feathers would puff up from his neck and he'd walk straight towards him.

Liam built a great enclosure for Edwood using all sorts of materials including metal for the gate. Edwood was very happy with his new family. He was eight years old and was very cute and cheeky!

One day Liam went outside to see Edwood and his feathers were all different colours! He was a magic emu!

Edwood could grant wishes, he could do anything! It was a miracle! Now Edwood was Liam's favourite animal in the solar system and they did everything together.

Liam and Edwood were best friends and they lived happily ever after!

The end.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!