Last Memories


I’m running, from what, I do not know. All I know is that I have to get away and fast.
Autumn leaves crunch under my feet as my shoes pound against the soft earth. I glance behind me quickly, seeing a dark shadow approaching. What does it want me for?
The forest seems to engulf my freedom and amplify my fear. I desperately search for a place to hide as I brush past the bare, ancient trees. I hear a snarl behind me. I turn to find no one in sight but I can feel a presence somewhere in the distance.
I’m panting now; I’m running out of breath. Ahead I see the end. Not just the end of the forest, but the end of my meaning.
Sprinting faster, the edge of the cliff approaches. I can see it so clearly, like day light, even though the sky is a dark sheet of coal right now. I reach for it. My fingers just inches away.
Taking my last look around I realise what is following me. My lungs open up and let out a scream. I persist knowing that these will be my last memories.
This is the light at the end of the tunnel, my pivotal point of life. I feel the hand of my follower grasp my shoulder, nails digging down into my flesh.
I turn around and gasp at the horrifying sight that reflects through my eyes. Knowing this is it, I take my last breath. I jump.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!