Sacred Places

I turn my head for the last time in this place.
I can never bare to come here again.
No sinking feeling in my stomache and no-one watching me leave.
It just doesn't feel right.
As I leave my place I feel a breeze on my shoulder (kind of shaped like a hand), I turn again.
Nothing is left and I can feel the tears rollong down my face.
The image of him walking towards me and the others behind him reappears in my mind.
My legs drag me away and 1 minute later I am on the stairs with a soaked face, dry eyes and a wet shirt.
Everywhere I go, I cry.
Then I see him.
His cheeks are red and his group is laughing.
How can he be like this when I'm here dying.
I can't understand.
I don't want to leave, all my friends have disappeared and I am still there standing.
One tear drops onto my face and I run to the bathroom before I flood the ground around me.
The bell rings and they are still standing on the spot.
I feel a magnetic pull towards him.
I need to ask him soon.
I ask him, speaking to him for the first time...and last.
I know what he thinks of me.
I know his answer.
Now I have no more SACRED PLACES.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!