Tear Drops

I walked along the soft white sand just as the sun was going down. The sun shone a beautiful red and orange light over the crystal clear water. It was like the all the elements were in harmony as we walked along the shores of Lily Island. Everything here is perfect, well almost everything. The Black Bars are a group of drunken teenagers who go around terrorizing this town in the early hours of the morning. They are horrible teens doing god knows what. But there is one of them who isn’t bad. His name is Jacob, my name is Gabrielle.
We sat down at our favorite spot on the beach. It was a small cave at the top of a sand hill in a sharp rocky cliff. With a clear view of the sunset, he put his arm over me and squeezed me. “Jacob! Remember, I’m not as strong as you!” I giggled.
“Oh yeah, you’re a delicate, little toothpick!” he laughed. I scoffed and pushed him down the sand hill. He grabbed onto my arm and pulled me with him. We wrestled at the bottom of the hill like two little kids. He pinned me to the soft sand.
“Ok, ok! You win!” I laughed.
He smiled and helped me stand up. His phone started ringing, probably his Mum. She’ such a sweet lady but a bit over protective. The expression on his face changed. I could tell it wasn’t his Mum. “I’m sorry Gabs, I have to go. It’s Monday, Black Bars night.” I forced a smile and said.
“That’s ok… I’m so glad you aren’t like those other boys, I just wish you wouldn’t go…” My smile faded as I looked down to the sand. He lifted my chin and looked at me with his big, brown puppy dog eyes.
“I’ll leave the group.” He said. He leaned over and kissed my fore head before sprinting off towards the bar. I sighed as he disappeared over the hill. My house was only a short walk down the beach. When I got home I could hear the all too familiar sound of my little sister screaming at my Mum.
“Muum! Why can’t I go out with my friends to the movies tonight!?” screamed Chloe.
“Because Chloe, you are 12, it’s dark and you know its Black Bars night. I don’t want anything to happen to you.” Mum screamed back. As usual, Dad just sat and laughed. Chloe stormed into her room and slammed the door behind her. My phone was buzzing on the table. I looked at it and saw a message from Jacob.
Help Gabs mt @ cave
No ‘xox’? No’ love you Gabs’? Something was wrong. I ran as fast as I could down to the cave. I could hear drunken laughter from the top of the cliff. Fear struck my heart. There was Jacob, tied up and being pushed off the edge.
If only I didn’t have to witness that horrific night… If only…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!