Dark Angel

The way he held it and the way he stared at me was rather unusual and peculiar; I wanted to know what was so special about this bottle. Why did he keep it close, why was he holding it all the time? When the moon gleamed through the half broken window it would glisten and reveal a red-ish liquid, and he would throw his head around to face me in anger...
He seemed to be a nice guy when we first met, but he was just so angry all of a sudden, he led me towards the bed, I waited patiently while watching what he was doing; he walked behind the lonely closet, I could barely see him anymore but I could see enough. He took off his coat from around his forearm and hung it in the closet, still clinging to the covered bottle. He looked both ways, yet seemed to look at me and gave me almost an evil smile. He walked towards the window and laid the bottle down, still with the cloth covering it. He slowly let his hands grasp the window sill, he leant over, I thought he was going to fall out. I got up just in case he was going to fall; he held his head down and let out a loud screech of a scream. I instantly threw my hands to my ears and fell to the floor, the sound of this screech was deafening. I remember back in my early days of writing I had read a book on mythical creatures, demons and dark magic just for fun to keep my creative side up. Remembering that a loud deafening screech comes from a dark angel demon made me realise something extremely bad was going to happen. My eyes widened, nearly popping out of their sockets, my whole body froze. I started to shake and rock forward and back, I looked over again at this demon in human form. He threw the cloth off the bottle and popped the cork from the top. He held it up out of the window and screeched again, I looked over after my ears had nearly shattered and the liquid from the vial was gone. He dropped it out window and it shattered against the cold hard concrete. He stopped, slowly turned to face the door, staring in trance, one foot after another, trudging forward. He quickly jolted to a stop in mid step, his head turned as if in slow motion. He lowered his arms, relaxed his hands before clenching them into a tight fist, I took a deep breath leant back and exhaled gently. He let out a heavy sigh, leaving a breeze of cool breath, step by step he shifted towards me. I leapt up onto the bed, shaking in fear of not knowing what move he will make next. I couldn’t move any further, my heart racing, hands trembling and eyes fixed on him. He was close, pulling his finger up towards the shadow of what seemed to be his face. I wanted to scream, for someone to hear me. He suddenly hushed me, moving his hands up in front of my face and grabbing my head. He squeezed me ever so hard, making me let out a faint scream, as I slowly slipped into a distant sleep....

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!