A Camp To Remember

No one knows what happened to Amy Richardson that night, no one but me.

Our senior camp, the final week before graduation, was the best time of my life, except for the long plane trip to New York. But otherwise it was great. We saw all the sights, The Empire State building, Central Park and so many more. On the final day, we did the last of our sightseeing on the Lady of Liberty. Steph and I were up there first. Mr. Gordon arrived shortly, followed by the rest of the class.
“So this is the Lady of Liberty, It was built in the year of.........”Mr. Gordon’s voice was drowned out by the excited babble of everybody. “ Hey look, you can see our hotel from here!”, “Oh my gosh! Look! Mr. Gordon was in a flurry trying to calm us, but his attempts weren’t working all too well. I walked over to the balcony edge, and stared out of the distance. Someone tapped me on the shoulder. “Oh, Amy you scared me!”
“Sorry, I just, I just need to talk to somebody” Her eyes scanned nervously around the crowd. She tried to speak but no words were coming out. Her eyes darted to the nearest exit, and she bolted. “Amy!” I instantly ran after her.

Amy was already running down the street when I reached the bottom of the stairwell. I darted out of the building as fast as I could, but I was too late, she was nowhere to be seen. I looked around the streets, the beach, but she had vanished. I decided to go back to the Lady of Liberty, and just prayed Amy had gone back to the hotel.

I finally reached the deck and began to look for Steph, but she found me first. “Where the hell have you been? We’ve been looking for all over the deck!”Steph’s face was pale. “Look Steph, Amy ran off, I went after her.” I jogged over to the balcony to check the ground. “Who cares about Amy? Anything could’ve happened to you!” “Steph, Amy is still out there! I need to find her!” Why didn’t Steph understand? It was almost sunset, I had to find Amy! “Look Steph, I’m really sorry, but I need to find Amy” Steph groaned “Whatever, have fun trying to find her” Steph stalked off.

I ran into the hotel, straight to the reception desk. “Excuse me, what’s Amy Richardson room number” “Umm, let’s see” The receptionist strummed her fingers on the desk taking her time. After a few minutes the receptionist called out “Number 234 on the 20th floor”


The elevator reached the floor. I ran to her room. Thankfully the door was open. I barged in. Amy was standing on the balcony’s edge. She wasn’t alone. A stocky guy was behind her, he had a gun pointed at her head. He saw me, and at that moment, Amy’s body fell into the streets of New York.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!