Dear Mummy


Dear Mummy, where are you?

Where have you been?

Do you not want me?

Don’t you want to see your baby girl?

All these questions swarm my mind.

What happened? What did I do wrong?

Baby what’s wrong? I see you slipping, I don’t see you anymore, who are you?

This isn’t the loveable person I know or knew.

Where has our time gone?

Where’s that sparkle that was in your eye gone?

Your eyes almost look dark and like no man’s land. Is there anybody home? Your lights aren’t even on.

I feel you here when you’re not, I see you smiling when no one else can. We used to be so close, what happened? It’s like you died and now all that’s left is an emotionless nothing.

I miss your presence and you. You’re lost in everyone else’s problems when you don’t focus on your own. You have fallen too deep.

You were the air I breathed. Now every time I breathe it gets harder and harder, now you’re gone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!