Harry's Great Adventure

Harry’s Great Adventure
Once there was a sock, his name was Harry. Harry lived in Sockville. Harry was a very poor sock, who only had 30c. Harry was nine years old. His best friend was Sam the shoe. Sam had a black background with green stripes and white shoelaces. Harry had a black background with lightning strikes on him. Harry and Sam travelled on Tim’s foot.
One day Tim went to the shops with Harry and Sam on. Then Harry saw something. He tugged and tugged at Tim. Harry threw himself off Tim’s foot. Harry could see a theme park, called “Socks Theme Park!” Harry thought the Theme park was awesome. Unfortunately it cost $100.30c. Harry threw himself back onto Tim’s foot and went home.
That night Tim dropped Harry in the washing machine. Suddenly the machine started going faster and faster until boom pew the machine exploded and Harry went flying through the air and was plunged into the Jungle.
“Where am I? I’ve never been out of the city before”, thought Harry feeling confused. There were lots of trees, and vines and a small stream in front of him. It was raining lightly now and Harry didn’t have long until it would rain hard. Harry had watched a bit of TV before but he never missed out on “Sock Vs Wild”. Harry thought he might be able to lie on the ground but then he remembered that Socky the sock, who risks his sock life to show us how to live in the wild, says that you should make a hammock with a roof over it. So Harry started to make a hammock. He looked for some banana leaves and vines. He tied them together and tied them between two trees. Then Harry found more banana leaves and vines and used them to make a shelter above his head. Then Harry fell straight asleep.
Harry woke up at 11am. He heard “ta ka ta ka ta ka”. Harry looked around he could see strange people with masks on. They came closer and closer. He could see out of the corner of his eye a big red cross, which meant treasure! He didn’t want the tribe people to see it. When the tribe people faced backwards, Harry sprinted over to the treasure. When the tribe turned around they didn’t know were Harry was? Harry quickly started to dig. He dug until he felt something hard, it was a treasure chest. Harry ran and ran, he tripped over and found himself being sucked into a swirling portal. The next thing he knew he was back in the washing machine on the final spin cycle.
That morning when Tim’s mother saw the treasure chest she was amazed. They decided to go to the shops and buy tickets to “Socks Theme Park” for Harry. They also got a couch, a TV and a Go Cart.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!