Dealing With Bullies

Even before I could step into the buildings in Reinforce Boys High, emotions loaded heavily onto my heart. I couldn’t tell my parents! They were too proud. Was I a fool? Or, was it my parents who were a fool? My dreams shattered as soon as I entered the school. My foolish dreams of going to school soon ended when I met Charles, the bully.

“Ey! ‘ey you!”

I turned around rather cautiously, trying not to face the speaker.

“Man! You should respond quicker than tha’! You wouldn’t wanna be excluded would ya?” another boy said in a harsh and dangerous tone.

I tried not to laugh. Their strange accent gave me a bit of giggle. Although they were foreigner to me, I was suddenly filled with courage and pride.

“Wotta you laughn’ at? You shouldn’t laugh in front of us, surely!”

Other boys around nodded. The bulkiest boy put up his hand, forming the sign of ‘HALT’. The other boys hushed. They stopped nodding all at once. The whole scene was comical.

“Look. I don’t know why you people are holding me up, but I need to go to class. So, please don’t bother me NOW.”

I spoke with courage, but it seemed feeble, for the biggest of the group soon stated,

“You are a chicken. You are ‘fraidy cat. You are useless. Why do they even hav’ ya ‘ere?”

I laughed. I couldn’t control myself. It was so hilarious. Other boys looked rather puzzled and left me one by one. They all took a glance towards Charles

Soon, most of the boys were gone, and I came face to face with Charles, also known as ‘The Con’ for his amazing tactics in lying ability. Every so often I heard that name called by other boys. The name vaguely reminded me of Jean Valjean, and made me feel sorry for him. Just a little bit.

“Ya will pay for this!”

His cheek was fuming with wrath and hatred. He stomped into his tutor group room with his legs and arms wobbling like jelly. I laughed to myself once more. It was not so bad after all to face a new environment after all.

“See you in Geography and Math!” I shouted. I didn’t concern whether he heard me or not. I knew that I had not even a segment of fear. Bullies? Nothing you would call vicious! In the real life, it is not as awful as stories tell you. There’s no “I’m going to tell my mum!” or speaking to your counselor. It just depends on your bravery.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!