I Am Sari.....


I Am Sari, I am eight, and I live in Nepal…..

My house is a wreck; it’s only branches and junk. My bed is the floor, and an old wheat bag. I do not eat much, I’m very hungry.

It’s now breakfast; it’s only a cup of tea. I only get one meal a day, just a small bowl of porridge, made from water and flour, its not enough to keep me healthy. But I will survive. I have heard of fruit and vegetables, but never seen them. My mother works very hard for it, and I understand that there isn’t enough money to spend, because mum said that the prices of flour and rice have doubled.

Mum has now gone off to work her 18 hour day, and because I am the eldest, I have to look after my brothers and sisters, my baby brother is getting sicker and sicker everyday, and he isn’t getting enough food, soon he will be nothing.

I see my mother returning home, she has something in her had, it’s a new bag of wheat. Now my baby brother will have a new blanket, the old wheat bag. This doesn’t happen very often, only 3 times a year. I wish we had more money, so we could eat more, so we could be healthy, like the kids in Australia, or America.

My Grandpa has come over for dinner; he has bought rice for a treat. We only get to eat rice on very rare occasions, but when we do get rice, we saver it over 3 hours.

My baby brother is very sick now, sicker then ever before, he is fading away as we know it. Not long and he will die. My 3 sisters are triplets, they are getting sick, but not as sick as my brother or me, they have longer to survive. My mother has past, she was very sick; not enough food. My grandpa is now living with us, its very depressing in my house.

I wish I could go to school; I want to read, and write. I really want to be a doctor, and help sick people like me and my brother. But I don’t have any money to be educated, I was once given a book, but I can’t read it, I wish I could.

I am now sicker then my brother. My grandpa can’t look after us. He’s to sick to work, but he still tries to work hard.

I am Sari, I am dead, I will be forever loved

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!