War

Sniper shots were narrowly missing the Australian lieutenant, Jack Bollinger was his name, a brave, yet concerned soldier. His order was to destroy an enemy tank, with nothing but a machine gun, bombs were flying, bullets firing, yet the brave soldier stuck to his mission, BOOM!,
“Soldier get outta there move it!”screamed the commander through the radio.
Half the base had been blown apart, it was just a couple of bricks on top of each other now. WIndows were broken walls were - well, there were no walls anymore, the whole village was like that, smoke and haze making the enemy unable to be seen, it was high on the mountains, the village was a wreck, smoke coming out from shattered windows, fire aswell, everything seemed destroyed! Then Bollinger did a stupid and safe thing at once, he threw a grenade at the tank only 30 metres away, BOOM! The tank shot up in the air, shards of it flying and taking soldiers with it. The sound of jets was unbearable!It could send an untrained soldier insane! Jack pulled out his AK-47 and started firing at German soldiers fearlessly, he ran out of bullets, and pegged it at the ground, he was left with just a revolver.
As it hit nightfall, the only sight was the explosion of the allied base, the Germans still thought they were in there, they were on the edge of town, in an abandoned warehouse, but bombs kept going off.
The whole platoon was cramped in a a corner, they couldn’t risk going in sight of the door, it might give away there position. Plus, it was the middle of winter so it was freezing!
The commander of the team had taken snipers bullet to the stomach, and hadn’t made it out alive before the chopper was coming, but it took his body back anyway. Bollinger kept it secret that he was promoted by the commander himself to become commander.
Now, plan B was put into action, they walked over to the other side of town, loaded with grenades, they were to blow up the enemy base, with the enemy in it. It was a delicate mission and the troops were caught in the act, there was 10 of them, 6 got shot and probably wouldn’t have made it back, and the other four were captured - one of them being Jack Bollinger.
The German commander came to where they were holding Bollinger, and exclaimed, “Surrender, or die”, and with that, a loud bang was heard and the German commander dropped to his knee’s, and then to the ground fully, and standing to attention were three of his troops, Bollinger just smiled and said, “thanks for your assistance everybody” And they continued through enemy territory, hiding and exposing themselves, but made it out alive, and Bollinger pulled the pin off one of his grenades and through onto the top of the enemy roof, which blew the top off the roof, and the soldiers, and the Australian soldiers dashed off into the inky darkness, but the German commander came up the back of Bollinger, but he saw this coming, and he turned around and punched him square in the nose, and Bollinger said, “Our job here is done”, and they flushed the Germans out of Australia, for now.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!