Family Picnic With A Twist

“Ok gang, let’s GO to the playground” Zac said in a loud voice. It was Christmas time and we were going to the park.
“Hey there this is your Christmas present ….a punch in the face!”Matt said with a big grin on this face.
“What, a punch on the face?” the twins Sara and Kara replied.
“Here you go” Matt the evil brother said. Bang! Punch! They were knocked out cold. Matt dragged the girls into his secret hideout.
“Mwaaa-haaa-haaa, I’ve got them now” Matt said.
“Hey, where are the twins?” said the girls’ mother. Matt had disappeared too, but no-one saw where they all went.
“Hahaha! I’m going to tie you both up,” Matt said.
“No, I’ve got you!” yelled Zac as he jumped into the hole where Matt had been hiding.“And I’ve got the twins right here,” he said. Matt had found the twins over by the giant rocks, near the camp grounds. He untied the girls and asked them how they had got to be there. He then set off to find Matt and make him pay.
“But I didn’t want to hurt them, I just wanted a good, big hug from the twins” pleaded Matt, pretending that he cared.
“Ok, that’s strange,” thought Zac as he released Matt from his grip.
Meanwhile the twins were wondering where Matt and Zac had gone. They had returned to their family and told their mother and father what had happened. Their Dad was furious with their brother Matt and said he would be grounded for life once he returned.
After a while, the boys came back and Matt admitted that he did kidnap his sisters as a joke. But his Mum and Dad made sure that he never left their sight for the rest of the picnic. The girls stayed well away from Matt, so he could never harm them again.
By Zara McLean, Middle Indigo Primary School, Year 4.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!