Back In Time

I couldn’t breathe. I couldn’t see. Everything seemed so real…was it a dream? Or was it reality? I opened my eyes, and found my face buried in something soft and warm. I realised why I was here. The horrible memories rushed back into my mind, and tears quickly welled in my eyes. I sat up but quickly fell back down into the softness of the pillows. That nightmare. Those men, all in the same grey uniform. The door burst open, and I jumped but in strode Luke followed by Alcea ”How are ya feeling?” asked Luke “heh, exactly, feeling.” I sensed a hint of regret and disappointment, probably because he was hoping that I would be in a good mood. “Sorry. I just wish I could go back in time and… and not do it.” I broke down crying. After a pause came Alceas voice “So do we, but we all know we can’t go back in time even to save lives.”. I answered “At least you’ve got something that can help in those things. You can manipulate anything you want to do whatever you want! That… is cool as!” “Annie that doesn’t always mean that it’s the best thing.”. Annoyance. “Well I’m sorry I was born like this I couldn’t help i-“something thudded heavily. Shouting. About five people dressed in grey uniform at the door. Noises. Darkness. Relief- but not from me or Luke or Alcea. From the men. “Glad that’s over. Come, help me with this one”. Then complete and utter stillness.
I woke up in my own bed. I looked over at the clock. It was the same day as all the trouble and hurt and death began. I heard a voice that reminded me of a lamb’s voice “Now you know how it could end. Go make things right.” So I got up and dressed and went straight to Alceas house. To make things right

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!