Keep Running!

"Hey, give me back my kite!" exclaimed Jason.
"It's mine now." said Katie, Jason's little sister, poking her tongue out.
They almost ran to the school fighting about something so useless compared to what they were in for that afternoon.
Little did they know, a man in a tall hat was watching them with a surveillence camera, hidden in the bushes.
Later that afternoon while the children were having tea, there was a knock at the door.
"Arrrrggghhh"
With a high pitched scream from the family they ran at the sound of his pistol firing into the air, bang! One particular bang made them all turn, the man had not missed this time.
"Keep - running, don't - stop - get - to - the - nearest - phone, call...." came from Jason's faint voice.
"No!!!" said Jason's mother being pulled back by Katie.
"Mum, we need to get to a phone. Quick!"

After one phone call the man was arrested and put behind bars for 6 years. Other than that, Jason's family struggled, failed, won, lost and missed, without Jason as he had been shot in the heart, causing heartbraking.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!