Dangerous Dreaming

I was standing in the middle of nowhere. The fields around me were surrounded with tall uncared grass. My foot had just slipped into a rabbit hole and this is where my journey began. I took a peek at a rusty abandoned cottage, but I wouldn’t dare to go inside. Who knows what’s inside? Tired from work I sat down looking up at the clear azure sky and felt dizzy with happiness. There was nothing else around here and it looked as though nothing would help me back home. I was poking around when I think I saw the rabbit hole.

Suddenly a massive Bunyip hopped in front of me. The living daylights just popped out of me. The Bunyip snarled and showed its shiny sharp teeth. I dashed in front to the nearest tree and jumped on it then started climbing. The giant creature followed but stopped at the tree. The Bunyip bit into the tree that I was on and boy those teeth were sharp. It bit right into the tree and the tree slowly tumbled down.

I just wished that I had run a little more and had gone to the other tree because now I was falling down a three metre tree aiming for a one metre tall Bunyip. To make matters worse its mouth was wide open ready to crunch me down. I just couldn’t stand this any longer so I screamed.

I stretched out my right hand and just when my foot was about to go into the enormous creature, I felt something pulling me back. I was shocked with relief. I closed my eyes and relaxed. The creature pulled me up to the top of the tree and then flew down to soft grass. Suddenly it dropped me down and flew over to give me some honey. I wondered what it would be.

When I opened my eyes I realised that I was just on the grass where I was before. But this time something was beside me. It wasn’t a horse or something big like that but it was a kookaburra and it had saved my life from the vicious Bunyip. I couldn’t thank the kookaburra enough so I just went to find a worm for it.

I strolled along the evergreen fields and thought of today. It had been a busy day and I was exhausted so I lay down on the long grass and slept. I am never going to pass through that rabbit hole again for as long as I live.

I woke up to see that I was in my room. It was morning and I was in Canada. It’s time for school I thought but it was Saturday. It had all been a dream but it felt like it was real. What a relief!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!