R.P KERMAN: DETECTIVE

I have a dream. My dream is to become the greatest detective in Australia. My name is R.P Kerman the R.P stands for Robbie Patrick, my name, but I keep that secret. I go to school, I’m in year 6. My first case is this afternoon after school, a little girl has lost her kitten and she has hired me to find it. My prices are low. Well she only gave me a lolly and a penny but that will do me, I mean she’s only 6.
I rushed home and shoved some cake in my mouth, got changed and was out the door. My mum came rushing out saying, “where are you and your bloody dog off to now?!” I yelled back “I have my first case today mum!” She mumbled and went inside. I forgot to tell you about my dog, his name is Lawrence, I call him Lorry, I didn’t name him and I adopted him from the RSPCA. To be honest I think it’s a great name!
Anyway back to the case. I ran to the little girls’ house and knocked on her door. Her mum answered and I asked, “is Emma home?” her mum yelled “Emma!” and she came rushing down the stairs. “Would you like to come with me Emma?” I said. We sat on the grass outside of her home. “What does your kitten look like?” I asked. “It’s Black with green eyes” she told me in the sweetest voice, she also gave me a picture. “C’mon then!” I said excitedly. Lorry Barked in excitement, this was his first case as well.
As we were walking I looked in all the trees with my goofy magnifying glass. And then a sudden rustle in the bushes brought my attention. “Lorry!” I said. I hate when he does that. I kept walking and looking in trees and bushes in the park, until I saw feathers. “We must be getting close”. I told Emma. Lorry was sniffing around. He was a very good sniffer almost 100x better than humans! Well he was only a good sniffer if there was food involved, I said I would give him two doggie treats if he helped. I walked past a tree and saw a faint black shadow, I looked again. It was Emma’s Kitten! Stuck in a tree. “I have no idea how to get him down” I said quietly. Emma suggested the firemen.
I called the firemen. They arrived ten minutes later. They saw the cat and quickly rushed their ladder out. “Is there anything I can do to help sir?” I asked. “No” said the fireman. 10 minutes later they got the kitten down from the tree and gave it too Emma. “Thanks R.P Kerman” Emma said. “No problem Emma!”
I went home that night and thought about what I have done. I was proud to say that I wanted to be a detective; I thought I was good at it.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!