Danachenka


He was laying in a puddle of slosh, Danchenka’s vital signs were dropping fast as his lungs filled slowly with fluids. His breath thinned, and his beat was slowing down, even the sparkle in his eyes was gone. His legs shacking, trembling out of control they were like touching ice yet he had a fever and was socked form the morning rain that finely eased off. No more strength left in him his last attempt was to get back into his paddock were he still lay’s. It was his last mad dash and will to finely die in his paddock in fresh grass with bugs and all. Near the end the brave horse showed fear, fear of leaving the grass and been able to run around free willed if only that affection had not set in and took his life. There I stood watching as they lowered his stiff body down, tears flowed from people eyes but mine, well they were dry. I liked the horse don’t get me wrong, but he was ready just a bit scared I spent most the day before he passed whispering sweet words into his mind, as they echoed around I told him to go, go to that place were all can roam free and join the heard that was waiting for him.

I witnessed once a dog called peter, he was a poodle. He was dyeing and really ill but ever time his owner came home he met her at the door with a smile, why is it animals fake it, fake pain until there body quits on them. Maybe Dan was reading his owners feelings, as horses and dogs are really sensitive. He just wanted to fight to live to please he owner who was fighting for him right to the end. He put himself through a world of hurting, just for her. This is why he is a stallion that will be missed, the times grandchildren fed him carets, he hated the rain and loved his food. I could only tell him so much before he passed, I think the main thing is that I told him not to be scared and that it is not the end but a new begging some were up there on fields filled with rainbows and sun shine with running water and grass that waves under his hooves that create the thunder and when he prances sparks fly.

This day 23 of December 2010, 1:53 pm, is not a sad day but in fact a day a horse found out what is waiting for us all in the end. I would of like to, get down on my knees and cry, but he would not of wanted to leave pain behind. Good Bye you gentle giant, you’re a thoroughbred that will live on in memory’s that our minds hold on to like gold. I guess all that is left to do is to take down your the large sign of you at the front gate.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!