Falling

He nudged me forward grinning wickedly. I was already dizzy from the height, so the nudge sent me stumbling and I had to reach out and grab a handrail to stop myself from getting knocked out on a pole. Then again, lying on a comfy hospital bed would be a thousand times better than what I about to be forced to do.

The straps dug in and I was terrified out of my mind. All I could hear was my heard beating a hundred miles an hour and The Man snapping in my ear, telling me to hurry.
I shuffled forward and peered over the edge of the metal walkway. I rested my hands on my knees and took a deep breath, well rather took half a breath before getting pushed forward and plummeting earthward.

I can't tell you much about my descent, because all I saw was trees, sky and hair, and all I could hear was my screaming and the wind, which sounded as though it were laughing at me. Then again, that could’ve been The Man back up on the walkway.
I saw the hard, unforgiving ground rush up to greet me, I braced myself for the impact, but barely five centimetres off the ground, I felt a tug at my feet and I came flying back up. (Well maybe I was exaggerating just a little; it was probably more like 5 metres) Then, I came rushing back down. I bounced around for a while longer, trying to gather my senses, before coming to a rest upside down, a fair way above some scrub. I hung there suspended by my ankles for a while, trembling, waiting for the man to come back and get me. He appeared a while later, grinning mischievously. He sauntered up to me and winked,
“ Great fun eh, Bungee Jumping?”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!