I Died 80 Year Too Young

I died 80 years too young under the old gum tree in the deserted desert planes where no one could be seen and this is my story as a refuge.

My country's at war and i have no defence nor family but what i did have was a little shiny penny that was really heavy that my family left me before they went to what they call up there in the cloudy sea. They also left me with a sentence that lead me to this dreadful state. They said this penny Is not made of metal nor cooper, it It is made of something valuable and I must never spend it.

Bombs were landing everywhere and. I didn't want to be one of the many that die a sudden death by a bomb landing near their land. So I set of as a young refuge, aimlessly wearing and bringing only a tattered old rag hoping to find a war free country that I can live and survive in as a successful refuge.

So there I am laying next to the old gum tree looking at the last shines of sun light of my life.

I died 80years too young





FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!