Halloween Night

The cool breeze felt calming on my bare ankles as I ran through the graveyard, my witch hat tight on my head. The full moon was like a dot of white light in a sky filled with stars, and the silence made the night seem even creepier. You see, I’m not some weird witch in a fantasy movie. I’m a normal twelve-year-old girl, who likes Halloween and playing pranks. I know, it sounds mean, but I think pranks are hilarious. Tonight I was excited, because I had been invited to Jemma Blaine’s Halloween party! She’s super popular, and she always throws awesome parties. I heard that all the kids from the seventh grade were going, so I quickly found my costume and grabbed the invitation. As I strode through the graveyard, I read the location- 118 Formouth Place. This address was where the town haunted house was, and I couldn’t wait to go to the party there. Soon, I had crossed the graveyard, and I crossed the grass to 118 Formouth Place. The house was tall, about four stories high. As I approached the house, I noticed that, oddly, there were no lights on. Maybe there were candles, and they were in the middle of the room, so I wouldn’t be able to see them. Or, it was a dark party. I ran to the front window and peeked inside. No signs of candles. But I couldn’t see anyone. I opened the front door and walked inside, and the door made a loud BANG behind me. I began to climb the staircase, hoping to hear some noise that you would hear in a party. SILENCE. When I reached the second floor, I checked the bedrooms and the bathroom, but still, there was no noise. It was the same with the third floor, and I was beginning to get suspicious. As my boots climbed the steps of the staircase leading to the fourth floor, my ears listened. After all, Jemma wasn’t the kind of person who would send invitations to 62 kids for a fake party. I heard nothing when I reached the fourth floor, and I was about to leave when I heard a terrifying wolf howl. It was coming from the bedroom on my left, and I gasped. Then, there was a loud bang, and a scream rang out in the eerie silence. Before I knew it, the whole corridor filled with smoke. The mist was so dark, I couldn’t see a thing, and I tried to swat it away with my hands. All of a sudden, the mist went away and a zombie appeared in front of me. As I screamed, I saw the zombie freeze and then burst out laughing. As I came to my senses, I saw that this ‘zombie’ was the class clown, Adam Filcher. I saw the whole of the 7th grade jump out of the shadows, laughing. I guess they were getting revenge for all the times I played mean pranks!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!