Magic Fountain

I slipped on my long tight purple dress. We had to go out to dinner, to an old friend of my dad’s. My mum called me from downstairs saying it was time to leave. The whole ride up was mostly silent. When we pulled up outside the house I saw how big it was. There was a man at the door to let us in and take our coats.

They had a huge stair case at either side of the room. The whole house looked expensive and I was then embarrassed about my dress. Just then a women with stunning blonde hair and an elegant gown, walked down the stairs. “Welcome to our home. My husband will be down very shortly, until then parents follow me. Our son shall be down very shortly.” she smiled leading my parents to another room.

I waited for what felt like a lifetime then decided to explore outside. I walked out the front and around to the back. There they had a water fountain that was all lit up and full of coins. I was about to pick one up, when someone grabbed me from behind and pulled me to my feet. I kicked whoever was holding me.

There standing in front of me was a very handsome guy, wearing a tuxedo. “I am so sorry, you just scared me” “It’s alright, just stay away from the fountain. We have to go inside, dinners ready” “I’ll be right in” with that he walked off towards the house. I could see the coin out the corner of my eye and I just had to have it. I went towards the fountain and bent down to pick it up. It felt like someone pushed me just as I was reaching for the coin.

I woke up and I was on the floor. My head was still hurting and I had my purse in my hand. I wasn’t sure how long I had been out there, so I went inside. The house looked different, there were no lights surrounding it.

I opened the door and people continued to stare at me. I couldn’t see my parents anywhere. All the men were staring at me, which was freaking me out. My dress was long enough that it just missed the floor, but it was tight compared to the people here.

I saw the same man who had let me in at the door. “Excuse me Sir, what is going on here?” “The owner of the house is throwing a party” I started to walk when someone pulled on my arm. “What you are wearing young lady is not appropriate” with that she pulled me up the stairs. She pushed me into a room and told me to pick a dress.

Everything in this house looked so old. Just then the guy who had spoken to me at the fountain walked in. “Excuse me Miss, this is my room” “What year is it?” “Why 1864 of course.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!