Last Journal Entry

Journal Entry,
Some guys from school pushed me into something I didn’t want to do. They teased me, called me names. They said I was too chicken, and had too many fears for one girl. They told me they would stop calling me dirty names if I went to the end of our street and go into the house no one dares to enter. Rumours have spread about the house. They say it’s haunted. I hope they’re wrong! The guys told me they would get me when the clock strikes twelve. I fear they won’t come, I fear they will leave me there.
She places the diary under her pillow and stares out the window into the late evening sky. It’s time. Hairs on the back of her neck stood on end. She walks out of the room, down the stairs and out the door. The late evening breeze tickles the back of her neck; she wraps her arms around herself and walks down to the house at the end of the street. Without stopping, she opens the gate. It groaned loudly, her heart thumped rapidly. Her hands sweat with fear as she made her way down the stoned path, past the blackened trees and stopped at the front door.
A branch cracked in the distance, she screamed, ran in the house and shut the door. She rested her head against the wall trying to calm her breathing. That was when she realised she was in the house. She turns around, and walks down the dust infested hallway, looking in the opened doorway. At the end of the corridor, one door was not opened.
She opens the door, the room filled with blackness. Her heart pumped loudly as she cautiously stepped into the room. She felt around for a light switch when the door slammed shut. She jumps and races to the door. She turns the knob. It was locked, but how?
A light flashes in the middle of the room. The light seemed to creep closer. She backs up until she bumps into the door. The light burst brighter, her heart quickened as she screams.
***
MISSING GIRL
Natasha Moore went missing on Friday the 22nd. She was last seen at Gerogery St. High School. Natasha’s parents gave the police information on their daughter, and also a photograph to help their search. Her parents told the reporters,
“I just want my baby girl back,” Mrs Moore says. “She’s everything to me. Please, I’m begging you, please find my daughter,”
In the past month three other school kids have gone missing. The police are doing the best they can by investigating all four new cases of missing people. They have received calls, e-mails and other tips in the last two days reporting of the other unidentified children but police have nothing to report back on Natasha Moore.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!