Dangerous

The wind blew, the clouds rolled in and I was afraid. It took peoples memories, their homes, all gone, nothing left. In my case, nothing was too bad, just a few fallen trees right? Wrong.
Other peoples cases were much, much worse than mine. I mean, I was pretty grateful but I did have some hope and sympathy for others who had nothing but something to just work their way through and dig through old memories. Say goodbye to what once was, but is now dust in the wind. It's all they talk about nowadays, it's all over the news, on the radio and even in the papers. I see the pictures of what was lost, taken away from everyone. I mean, what did they ever do?
To make matters worse, some still haven't gotten over the terrible tragedy of the raging floods. The gushing brown, mirky water. The one we now call our enemy. People had to say goodbye to more that just memories, they had to say good bye to their life. Their loved ones, their everything. All gone in a flash.
Fires? Red and dangerous might I say. Watching from a distance everything you ever owned burning and crumpling to the ground. Watching the red flames take it all away, draining the memories from it. People sacrificed their lives just to get nothing back in return.
To me, it feels like the world is ending, like maybe this is my final chance to do something good in my life. Most of all, make a change in someone elses life. Be someone, but how much time is left? I don't think anyone could answer that question. They say the world will end in 2012, but who really knows? All I know is that I need to start somewhere. Our time is wasting, hurry up and just go!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!