Falling Leaves...................

A cold breeze went past as I walked with him in a deserted road of fallen Yellow and Orange leaves. It was autumn and all the trees had dried leaves instead of fresh green leaves. It was beautiful and cold. I got closer to him hoping to get warm. We didn’t talk to each other. It was a long, silent walk. Suddenly, I asked him, “What would your life be like when I vanish from this beautiful nature?” he didn’t answer but held my hands tight and squished it. I watched as tears struck down his face. We looked at each other but I couldn’t look into his innocent eyes any longer. I looked down and kept walking. We didn’t know where we were going. We followed each other. We hadn’t talked properly since the doctor said that I had cancer and that my days are countable. I can’t imagine how hard this would be for Jack. It has only been 1 year and 2 months since we got married. Our families were against it. We went over their disagreement and believed that we had each other. Now, all of a sudden I was going to vanish from his eyesight. Who does Jack have to love if I go? No family, no wife, no one to love. Jack is mentally down. I want to our last days together to be happy. The doctor said that my days in this world is going to end before this autumn ends………………………

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!