Happiness, Comes And Goes

In a garden where all the flowers show off their colours and the grass are as soft as clouds, I sit here all alone where I first met him. He was my best friend, my lover, my soul mate, he was my everything. I sit here remembering the moment when he first put his arms around me. His dazzling brown eyes gave me light, his bright smiles sent me to heaven and his gentle touch sent a joyful message to my nerves. Every time I look at him it was like the first time. I cherish all the times I had spent with him. We shared love, passion and enjoyable memories together. Unfortunately time has changed everything flowers don’t blossom forever; he is gone now, into a world where it is much better than here. He was the best thing that has ever happened to me.

It all started in a city where love could be expressed at anywhere and anytime. Through every window there is always a sensational view. I lived with my dad in an apartment on the very first level, my mother died when I was a baby so I never really know how it was like to have a mother and my dad would always be working. I’m in my senior years and school for me was just a five minute walk away. My school isn’t like any other school there is, people would mind their own business and help would only be offered if you asked. I may not have a mother but I do have a hard working father. I don’t live in a mansion but I have a descent shelter. My life is perfect as it is in a city called Paris, the city of whom they seek love.

The bell rings for class, I walk in seeking for my desk. There I am, going through the everyday routine in the morning class room. It was not a pleasant day outside. Thunder was striking, rain was pouring, and winds were blowing. A strange person stepped foot into my classroom, it seems to be a boy. He was soaked wet by the rain. Half of his face was covered by shadows from his hat and as I looked at him where there were no shadows, I could detect a smile. I felt a sudden heat going up my throat and my brain felt like it has just been treated by defibrillation. The boy then removes his hat, “Hi, my name is John.”

School ended, I walk outside finding myself getting wet by the pouring rain. I saw people getting soaked by the rain but the rain around me has stopped. I looked up and noticed there is an umbrella on top of me. He was standing side by side to me holding the umbrella and giving me one of his luxurious smiles again, this time I saw his face. That evening he walked me home. It was a quiet walk; a word was not said. I never felt this feeling before but I know it is a feeling I do not want to let go. Days flew by, every day I would be walked home by the John. In every class we would send notes to each other. After school my chat log on my computer would be filled with his name. He introduced me to his best friend Peter. I felt such a close connection with John. I felt a special kind of happiness being with him. Am I falling in love? By the time when I discovered what this feeling inside me was, we were dating.

It is a Monday and school has finished and I was standing in my usual place waiting for John. The people around me started disappearing slowly. The sun started to turn orange and the sky has begun to turn dark but there was no trace of him. I was disappointed and was getting tired of waiting, so I decided to walk myself home. Tears fell from my eyes down to my cheeks. I had an empty feeling inside me like as if something so special to me was gone. I go home and would expect messages from him on my computer but, my inbox was empty. I went to talk to Peter and asked what was going on. Peter didn’t reply to my messages all he said was, “It’s all over now, it’s not just you that is being hurt I am too he is too”. My heart dropped.
Things changed from that day. John stopped attending school and my life is now in total darkness. I cried myself to sleep every night hoping that would get a message from him or a sign, anything that tells me that he is still in this world and still loves me. I sit with my window having flash backs with all the times we had had together. I really want to know why this is happening! Where has he been all this time? Is he sick? Or is he studying? Does he have family problems? What is happening! At that moment I received a message form Peter. “Hey Sarah it has been a while, how are you? John is at the doctors and would like you to take him there. Are you busy at the moment? ” I quickly rushed there.
When I arrived I saw John and I ran to him for a hug but he dodged me. All he said to me was to go get his prescription for him. On the way I heard the nurses talking, “That kid there doesn’t listen. He has no chance. There’s no point taking all these medicines.” I was terrified, I ran to John right away. The ambulance where there and were getting ready to drive a boy to the hospital. Peter ran to me and said John has fainted and is going to the hospital right away. Everything from my hands dropped and I felt as if a big rock has slammed on me.

At the moment I tried to catch up with the ambulance and ran to take the first bus there is to the hospital. When I arrived, I ran to every room looking for John. At last I found him! Oxygen masks were put on him and looking at the machine his heart was beating very slowly. I hold his hand and tried to spend the most time as I can with him. He was thirsty and asked me if I could go fetch him some juice, I didn’t want to leave him but I had no choice so I went to get him some juice. When I got back I was hoping this was all a dream and he would get better but as I turned into the room. He was gone...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!