Journey Over Land

There was no existence of humankind. It seemed as thought the sun had burnt each and every person to hot black ashes. The grass was coated with ashes, the trees bore ashes, and the sky was dull and smoky. No existence of life.

All of this looked as if it were a dream. If every biological feature of the world was extinct, why wasn’t I? Walking down the black dusty road towards what was recognised as the horizon, nothing seemed to make sense to me. This dull place seems as if no creation by God had occurred. If so, then who am I? Or maybe the world displaced to another planet. Like Mars.

Indeed, I did not understand the events that had taken place but what confuses me is the fact I took no part of these series of events. Almost as if I was too almighty to be recognised or defeated. Almost as if I was…God!

Testing out the powers I never realised I had possession of made me want to recreate this world. I tossed and I turned as I created this world. The sun to give light and warmth, the moon to give comfort, the plants to give us life, the waters to hide out thirst and the fruits to hide out hunger.

The more I imagined, my realisation came to become much more powerful and extensive. I saw the world and I was pleased. Yet there was an important aspect missing from my creation, company and love. Human beings. Out of the ash left I created man and women, in my likeness, and I was satisfied.

I was powerful when I did not know. Powerful enough to recreate what was once a black world of ashes in the way I saw it as prosperous and peaceful. A world beyond what was once “Earth”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!