Teachers Pet?

I was just standing there in front of the teacher who was giving me a lecture as always. It was like, “Blah, blah, blah, blah Penny blah, blah, blah!” I was just checking my nails when the teacher noticed that I wasn’t listening to him “PENNY are you listening?” Mr. Gallard implored.
“Not really” I said confidently
“Well you could go to Mrs. Store’s office to think about listening to an adult” Mr. G said potently
“Why should I you are just so BORING all you do is lecture, lecture and lecture. I suggest you try and go for 1 day without lecturing” I was challenging him.
“Ok I’ll take that as a bet but since I have to stop lecturing for a day you have to get an A in your next test tomorrow in my class. I promise that I will just grade you as if we never had this talk,” he said smirking
“Deal, now we have to find out what both of us do if we win or lose. If I win you have to buy me lunch from the staff room for a week.” I said smiling
“Fine but if I win you have to type a 2000 word essay on a humming bird,” Mr. G said smirking his head off.
“DEAL!” we both shouted as we shook hands.
I walked off thinking how the hell am I supposed to get an A on my next math test???? That is impossible. I always get Cs or Ds but an A??? Well looked like I would have to hit the books oh and better not mention this to Mum and Dad they would go crazy if they found out I placed a bet with a teacher!

The bell rang 10 minutes ago and I still haven’t left school yet. I need to get my math book to study all the math stuff we did this year. There isn’t much there to learn about. There is addition, subtraction, directions and other rubbish, this shouldn’t be so hard I tell myself. By the time I get home it is 5:30. Mum has her arms folded and is tapping her foot against the wood. I start to walk slower up the driveway to Mum. She has a concerned face but she fires, “Where have you been young lady? Out with your ‘boyfriend” Whenever she says stuff like this, I can’t help but to retaliate badly. “NO! I am 12 why would I have a boy friend?”
Mum then becomes all like, “Don’t give me that tone of voice! If you are going to use that tone you can go to your room!” And guess what that is exactly what happened I get sent to my room. I resort to going on my laptop and talk to my friends on Facebook. Lizzy is on and so is Lilly. I mostly chat to Lilly. She is really more of my friend than Lizzy because Lizzy is in the ‘popular group’. Really I think I am way cooler than her! So while I become sidetracked socializing, I completely forget about my bet. Looks like I’m going to be researching that humming bird!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!